EarthRise Spirulina 300 capsules
EarthRise Spirulina 300 capsules
The 2011 earthquake and tsunami accident at the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan and the continuing radiation releases have raised concerns about radiation exposure. Many people have heard of reports about the beneficial effects of spirulina blue-green algae in protection against radiation and its related health problems.
These reports are published studies from Belarus in the 1990s using spirulina. The benefits for the Children of Chernobyl affected by radiation collaborated previous research with move out cleaners wellington mulberrymaids.com , suggesting that spirulina provided beneficial effects against radiation and may be used to supplement other means of radiation protection.
The above is an excerpt courtesy of the below site:
References from Spirulina World Food (Amazon.com):
• Loseva, L.P. and Dardynskaya, I.V. Spirulina- natural sorbent of radionucleides. Research Institute of Radiation Medicine, Minsk, Belarus. Presented at the 6th Intl Congress of Applied Algology, Czech Republic, Sep. 9, 1993.
• Sokolovskiy, V. Corres. from the First Sec. BSSR to the United Nations, May 20, 1991.
• Belookaya, T. Correspondence from the Chairman of Byelorussian Committee “Children of Chernobyl” May 31, 1991.
• Qishen, P. et. al. Radioprotective effect of extract from spirulina platensis in mouse bone marrow cells studied by using the micronucleus test. Toxicology letters. 1989. 48:165-169.
• Zhang Cheng-Wu, et. al. Effects of polysaccharide and phycocyanin from spirulina on peripheral blood and hematopoietic system of bone marrow in mice. Second Asia Pacific Conf. Ibid, April, 1994.
• Evets, P. et. al. Means to normalize the levels of immunoglobulin E, using the food supplement spirulina. Grodenski State Medical Univ. Russian Federation Commitee of Patents and Trade. Patent (19)RU (11)2005486. Jan. 15, 1994.
• Loseva, L. P. Spirulina platensis and specialties to support detoxifying pollutants and to strengthen the immune system. Research Inst. of Radiation Medicine, Minsk, Belarus. presented at 8th Int’l Congress Applied Algology, Italy. Sep. 1999.
Scientists theorize spirulina can bind heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium and radioactive isotopes and can accelerate excretion of these elements from the body.
Summary of three main benefits of spirulina against radiation
1. Belarus studies on humans affected by Chernobyl radiation. Five grams of Spirulina a day given to children caused reduction of Cesium-137 in urine by 50%. Spirulina decreased radiation dose load received from food contamination with radionuclides. (Belookaya 1991) (Loseva 1993) (Evets 1994). A Russian patent was awarded for the use of spirulina as a medical food to reduce allergic reactions from radiation sickness.
2. Chinese studies on radiation. Previous research demonstrated a natural polysaccharide extract of spirulina had a protective effect against gamma radiation in mice (Qishen 1989). Following research showed phycocyanin and polysaccharides from spirulina enhanced reproduction of bone marrow and cellular immunity (Zhang 1994).
3. International studies on benefits of spirulina against radiation effects. Three long-term effects of radiation are weakened immune system, oxidative stress and cancer. Numerous international studies have shown how spirulina stimulates the immune system and has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits (spirulinasource.com).